The Sunday Post is a weekly event hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a way to wrap up your week, share news/book hauls, and consolidate links to your posts & other posts you’ve liked throughout the week. this week was a great week because it was Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon (which is basically a holiday)!
Not much on this front this week. I did the 24 hour Readathon. Life was a little less hectic, but not much. I still have so much work to do, though!
Weekly Reading Updates
Books Finished This Week
Three Dark Crowns was the only finished pre-Readathon. The rest were completed yesterday and today. It was a good reading week! Reviews for all of these will be popping up soon!
- Fall Bookish Bingo: Finished Illustrated (Flora & Ulysses), Black Cover (Three Dark Crowns), Graphic Novel (Fables Vol. 8). Still no bingo.
- No updates on Read Harder 2016 this week. Though my food memoir & play are in progress!
I started Across the Universe by Beth Revis around hour 20 or 21 last night. I couldn’t quite get it finished before falling asleep. I saw the author at the Southern Festival of Books & she was wonderful. I’m enjoying it so far. King Lear was not a good readathon choice, but I’m looking forward to finally finishing it. Yes, Chef I have on audio, so I’ll probably be listening to it on my commutes this week. I’m also almost done with The Unified Theory of Love and Everything, I just didn’t elect to finish it during Readathon.
Weekly Blog Updates
- Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Characters with Good Baby Names
- Waiting on Wednesday: Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body by Roxane Gay
- Book Traveling Thursday: Mental Health Matters Edition
- Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-a-Thon: Preparations!
- Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon Updates: October 2016
- Dewey’s Hour 11 Challenge: Plan a Bookish Party!
- Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon: Mid-Event Survey
- Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon October 2016: Closing Survey & Wrap-Up
- Do Not Say We Have Nothing by Madeline Thien
- The Wrath & the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Blog Posts I Enjoyed This Week
- Holly @ Nut-Free Nerd shares the list she found of all the books from Gilmore Girls and which ones she’s read
- Rhianna Elizabeth @ Let’s Talk Life shares a letter to her anxiety, to which I can relate
- Eliza @ duskangelreads shares her favorite book covers of 2016
Things I’m Looking Forward to this Week
- Book Releases: The Science of Game of Thrones by Helen Keen (Oct. 25), A Taste of Honey by Kai Ashante Wilson, Certain Dark Things by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
How was your week? Let me know below & feel free to link up to your Sunday Post!