Over the holiday, I participated in the Thanksgiving Readathon, hosted by Jackie B. @ Death by Tsundoku and Ottavia @ Novels and Non-Fiction. I had pretty simple goals for this readathon. I mostly met them, and I’m pretty proud of that.
My #ThanksgivingReadathon Goals
- Read at least 1-2 hours each day.
- I met this goal every day except for Saturday, which was full of friends and Small Business Saturday shopping. I did manage to read for about 30 minutes before bed though!
- Finish at least 2 books towards the Read Harder challenge.
- I finished 3 books towards the Read Harder challenge–which was all I needed to finish it!
The Books I Read
Finished: November 22, 2017
Read Harder Task: Read a book in which a person/character of color goes on a spiritual journey.
I started this one prior to the readathon, but did finish it up early on.
Finished: November 24, 2017
Read Harder Task: Read a classic by an author of color.
This was a really well-written memoir. I’ll definitely be adding the rest of her autobiographies to my list.
Finished: November 26, 2017
Read Harder Task: Read a book set in Central or South America, written by a Central or South American writer.
Another one I enjoyed a lot! I’m maybe going to review it eventually, but the writing was much more lyrical than I expected. I’m also looking forward to finally watching the movie now, too!
So all in all, I didn’t do a good job tracking much this time around. I started and finished 2 books & I finished 1 book I had already started. I wasn’t able to get any audiobook time, but I’m satisfied with the amount of reading I got done.
Things I’m Thankful For
- My friends and family and co-workers and students.
- My kitty cats.
- Netflix & Hulu.
- A job.
- My book blog & associated bloggers
There’s a lot more, but these are the big ones I could think of RIGHT NOW. Happy holidays, everyone! What did you read over Thanksgiving?!