The Sunday Post is a weekly event hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a way to wrap up your week, share news/book hauls, and consolidate links to your posts & other posts you’ve liked throughout the week. It’s been almost a month since I actually wrote one of these, so hold on to your hats!
Weekly Reading Updates
Books Finished Since 09/17 (Last Sunday Post)
I loved Hidden Figures & now I can’t wait to watch the movie. I also adored One Dark Throne. I already reviewed Otherbound (see link below) & my review of The Ninth Circle will come on release day (October 22).
Reading Challenges Since Last Sunday Post
- Diversity Bingo 2017
- Science Fiction/Fantasy with Disabled MC: Otherbound by Corinne Duyvis
- Diverse Non Fiction: Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly
It’s really getting down to the wire on my yearly reading challenges. In retrospect (and I also realized at the time), 4 year long challenges may have been a little much. I’m determined to at least finish Read Harder (and I’m hoping Dewey’s Readathon next weekend will help with that!).
Currently Actively Reading
Loving Vs. Virginia is my first book for the House Cup Reading challenge, so I’m excited to get to it today. I picked up Chicks Dig Time Lords again last night. My goal is to read 1 essay a day!
Weekly Blog Updates
- Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books that Make Me Think Fall
- House Cup Reading Challenge Sign Up & TBR
- The Blogger Recognition Award
- Book Traveling Thursdays: A New to Me This Year Author Edition
- Down the TBR Hole #7
Book Releases I’m Looking Forward to this Week (links to Goodreads)
- Graphic Novels
- A Secret Sisterhood: The Literary Friendships of Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, George Eliot, and Virginia Woolf by Emily Midorikawa and Emma Claire Sweeney
- Go Back to Where You Came From: The Backlash Against Immigration and the Fate of Western Democracy by Sasha Polakow-Suransky
- Origins of a Story: 202 True Inspirations Behind the World’s Greatest Literature by Jake Grogan
- We’re Going to Need More Wine: Stories by Gabrielle Union
What did you read this week? What are you looking forward to reading this week? Let me know in the comments!