So, as of yesterday, Bout of Books is over until January. While this makes me very sad, I’m very excited to share my wrap-up for this round with you. Overall, I didn’t get as much reading done as I wanted, and the bulk of what I did was an audiobook, but there’s no failing at Bout of Books!!!
As a reminder, here were my goals (the bolded words are the updates on whether I completed it!):
Bout of Books 20 Goals
- Read at least 14 hours over the course of the week (which is 2 hours per day, with some wiggle room on the weekend).—I did this!! I read for 18 hours & 34 minutes!
- Get caught up on some reading challenges & library books! My reading challenges have been super suffering lately (and I really want to finish them all!)–I finished 2 books that helped out with the Reading Quest, the Litsy Reading Challenge, and Read Harder 2017–so I count this goal a success!
- Participate in both Twitter chats! I think I’ve only made it to 1 the last few times, and I really love them, so I’m looking forward to remembering both!–I made it to both, and greatly enjoyed myself and met lots of new bookish friends!
- Participate in at least 4 daily challenges!–I participated in exactly 4 challenges. I missed out on the book spine rainbow & book review, but I did a synopsis rewrite, introduced myself #insixwords, recommended several books, and shared my character I love to hate (the Darkling!).
- Be an awesome expert!! I’m so excited!–I think I maybe did this?? I never got any questions from anyone, but I made it a point to visit at least 10-15, usually more, blogs and Twitter accounts throughout the readathon. I think I got to lots of them, and I really enjoyed that! 🙂
Cumulative Pages Read: 792 pages (I think)
Cumulative Minutes Listened: 7 hours and 22 minutes
Cumulative Time Read/Listened: 18 hours 34 minutes
Books Finished: The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead, How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents by Julia Alvarez
Overall, a very successful Bout of Books considering how busy and tired I was last week! How did your Bout of Books go?? I can’t wait to see everyone again in January!