The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 21st and runs through Sunday, August 27th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 20 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
I am so so so so so excited for Bout of Books!! It’s one of my very favorite, low-stress readathons. It has great Twitter participation, and there are 2 scheduled Twitter chats throughout the week that are super awesomely fun! You can read as much or as little as you want, with your main goal to be reading more than you would in a week. The best thing is there’s absolutely no way to fail! The daily challenges are also a quick spot of fun. I’m also super excited that I’ve participated in enough Bout of Books, and applied and been accepted to be a Bout of Books expert this time around! So just fire all those questions right this way! (and look at my pretty badge!)
Okay, now let’s cover the fun parts of a sign-up post: goals, etc.
Bout of Books 20 Goals
- Read at least 14 hours over the course of the week (which is 2 hours per day, with some wiggle room on the weekend).
- Get caught up on some reading challenges & library books! My reading challenges have been super suffering lately (and I really want to finish them all!)
- Participate in both Twitter chats! I think I’ve only made it to 1 the last few times, and I really love them, so I’m looking forward to remembering both!
- Participate in at least 4 daily challenges!
- Be an awesome expert!! I’m so excited!
Are you participating in Bout of Books?? What are your goals?