The Sunday Post is a weekly event hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a way to wrap up your week, share news/book hauls, and consolidate links to your posts & other posts you’ve liked throughout the week. Today is really my last day of freedom before I go back to work on Tuesday, so I’m trying to enjoy it as much as I can!
Weekly Reading Updates
Books Finished This Week
I’ll have a review of The Driver coming on its release date! The travel memoir was pretty good, too, though not quite what I anticipated/expected. I listened to the audio and it was narrated by the author, which is pretty much my favorite thing.
- Read Harder 2017:
- Read a travel memoir: What I Was Doing While You Were Breeding by Kristin Newman
Currently Actively Reading
I’m still plugging away on the LOTR Chapter a Day readalong and we are starting to near the end of The Hobbit. Maybe I’ll finally get around to the movies! Since I just finished The Driver today, I’m going to start The Other Girl by Erica Spindler (my next NetGalley) later tonight.
Weekly Blog Updates
Book Releases I’m Looking Forward to this Week
- Historical Fiction
- Bitch Doctrine: Essays for Dissenting Adults by Laurie Penny
- Confessions of a Recovering Environmentalist and Other Essays by Paul Kingsnorth
- Happiness: A Memoir: The Crooked Little Road to Semi-Ever After by Heather Hapham
- Morningstar: Growing up with Books by Ann Hood
- The Wrong Way to Save Your Life: Essays by Megan Stielstra
What did you read this week? What are you looking forward to?