The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 8th and runs through Sunday, May 14th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 19 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
Why I LOVE Bout of Books
- It’s LOW stress, which is perfect since next week is ALMOST my last week of school as a teacher. This time of year is CRAZY, y’all.
- You get to set your own goals. Don’t make them? Who cares? Just appreciate the bookish goodness and Twitter interactions during the ‘thon. The challenges are also fun…and there’s just one per day.
- THE TWITTER CHATS. They’re amazing…and I always add a million books to my TBR…and always make new bookish friends!
My Bout of Books Goals
I may change my mind on these…but here are some goals I’m mulling over…
- HAVE FUN. (duh)
- Read at least 1 hour per day of the read-a-thon (or a total of 7 hours over the course of the week). I’ll aim for more, but I’m setting my bar a little low.
- Finish the non-fiction book I started this week (I know it won’t be finished before) and at least 1 other book that I start next week.
- Participate in at least 1 Twitter chat.
- Participate in the daily challenges.
How about you? Participating in Bout of Books? What are your goals? Let me know below!