- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
- Nominate 11 other people (preferably those with under 200 followers)
- Give your nominees 11 different questions to answer.
I was nominated by Laila @ Big Reading Life. She posts really great reviews and is always reading something interesting. I also have loved her posts on other things, like podcasts. Thank you so much for the nomination, Laila!
Name a book that’s been on your TBR for more than three years.
There are so many of these! I maintain a rather long TBR list and I can’t seem to stop adding to it (and I know I’ll absolutely NEVER finish them all!). One that I plan to read this year and that’s been on my TBR for 6 years is Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett (maybe during the next Tome Topple?)
If you had time to grab one book from your shelf before fleeing your home (and your family is safe) what would you choose?
I would choose my signed copy of A Conjuring of Light by V. E. Schwab. I haven’t finished it yet…
What’s the most recent book you gave someone as a gift?
I gave my friend The Forgetting Time by Sharon Guskin for Christmas because she’s interested in reincarnation. I also promptly added it to my ever-growing TBR because it sounded interesting.
If you could have coffee with any writer, living or dead, who would you choose?
I think I would choose Ernest Hemingway. I love his writing, and he fascinates me so much. I feel like I’d want coffee with an older (wiser?) version of him so I could really discuss his life and his writing and how they intersect, or maybe something cheerier. The episode of Timeless where they hung out with him was AWESOME.
What time of day do you do most of your reading?
At night right before I go to sleep. I usually take about an hour before bed to lay down and read before I drift into dreamland.
What do you do to get out of a reading slump?
I usually drop what I’m reading and find something I’m super excited about reading that I’ve maybe been putting off. Usually if I can find a book to excite me, the slump is over.
Do you have a favorite bookmark? If so, describe it.
I have 3 bookmarks I bought at 10,000 Villages that look like they’re written on papyrus with a lot of decoration and Arabic script. They’re beautiful and fair trade and I love them!
Do your IRL friends read your blog?
Not really….though I also haven’t shared it widely either.
Name one of your favorite “comfort reads.”
One of my favorite comfort reads is Pride and Prejudice, because I enjoy the satire and the romance and I can always rely on Darcy and Elizabeth for both.
Name a bookstore you’d like to visit.
Powell’s in Portland, OR! I’ve even considered going on a trip JUST to go there.
Name your favorite book-to-movie adaptation.
Hmmm…this is a really hard one because MOST of the time I hate movie adaptations of books! I think I’m going to have to go with Pride and Prejudice here, because I really loved the Keira Knightley adaptation…even if they added that silly romantic scene at the end just for the US.
I realize a lot of people have probably done this, or may not have time or inclination to do this, but here are my nominees (& no worries if you don’t end up wanting to do it!)
- Maddie @ Stories and Spoons
- Peter & Erin @ Game and Read
- Mandy @ Book Princess Reviews
- Wendy @ What the Log Had to Say
- Book Escapade Blog
- 4th House on the Left
- Silvia @ Silvia Reads Books
- Eliza @ Dusk Angel Reads
- Caitlin @ Words and Other Beasts
- Amber @ Only True Magic
- Kate @ Sherlockian Book Lover
- If you could make any book into a movie, which book would it be & who would you cast as the main characters?
- Where is your ideal reading location?
- What is the prettiest book cover you own?
- Why did you start your blog?
- What’s your favorite part of blogging?
- If you could only read one book over and over again for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
- Do you prefer hardcovers or paperbacks? Why?
- What do you use as bookmarks, generally speaking? (If you’re a dog-earer, you can confess that, too!)
- What is the best bookish event you’ve ever been to? What did you enjoy about it?
- What is one of your reading goals for this year?
- How many books do you read a year?
There you have it! I look forward to reading the responses I get! 🙂 Feel free to answer any of my questions in the comments, too!