The Sunday Post is a weekly event hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a way to wrap up your week, share news/book hauls, and consolidate links to your posts & other posts you’ve liked throughout the week.
Weekly Reading Updates
Books Finished This Week
It’s been awhile since I’ve done a Sunday Post…so I’m just going to put here what I’ve accomplished so far this year on all of my reading challenges!
- Litsy Reading Challenge:
- WOC Author: Difficult Women by Roxane Gay
- Indie Publisher: Resistance by Mikhaeyla Kopievsky
- Diversity Bingo:
- Book by Author of Color: Difficult Women by Roxane Gay
- MC with an Invisible Disability: The Sky Between You and Me by Catherine Alene
- MC of Color in SFF: The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N. K. Jemisin
- Black MC Own Voices: Piecing Me Together by Renee Watson
- Neuro-Diverse MC Own Voices: Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde
- Read Harder 2017:
- An all-ages comic: Princeless, Vol. 1 by Jeremy Whitley, illustrated by Mia Goodwin
- A fantasy novel: Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
- A superhero comic with a female lead: Ms. Marvel by G. Willow Wilson, illustrated by Adrian Alphona
- A book published by a micropress: Resistance by Mikhaeyla Kopievsky
- A collection of stories by a woman: Difficult Women by Roxane Gay
Currently Actively Reading
Weekly Blog Updates
- Review: Bright Air Black by David Vann
- Review: One of the Boys by Daniel Magariel
- Review: Queens of Geek
Blog Posts I Read & Loved This Week
- Carrie @ Reading is my Superpower shares her favorite Beauty and the Beast retellings
- Emma @ The Terror of Knowing talks about her twist on a TBR jar
- Aimal @ Bookshelves and Paperbacks announces A Very Arc-ish Readathon for April
- 4thhouseontheleft shares a parent-child (teacher-student?) reading list for Women’s History Month–worth it even if you aren’t a parent or teacher!
Things I’m Looking Forward to this Week
- Book Releases: A Colony in a Nation by Christopher L. Hayes (03/21)
- IT’S MY SPRING BREAK! It remains to be seen whether that includes more reading or more gaming…only time will tell!
What did you post or are you looking forward to? Link up to your Sunday Post below!