Happy New Year, everyone!! Every New Year I set resolutions. I always set the usual: get in shape, eat better, etc., but now that I have a blog, I thought it would be fun to set some resolutions about my blog & bookish life in general, so here goes!
- Track all of my reading via spreadsheet. I’m really excited to give this a try. I read multiple Book Riot posts about it, and downloaded their template. I’m using it to track all kinds of fun statistics, like what percentage of my reading is own voices, female authors vs. male authors, white authors vs. POC authors, digital vs. books, chosen reading vs. challenge/Netgalley reading. (I’m a data nerd). I’m really interested to see what it looks like at the end of the year!
- Complete all reading challenges I commit to…and only commit to ones I can complete. I have a problem with wanting to do practically EVERY reading challenge I see. I just love them. For example, this year, I’ve committed to 5 year-long challenges (Read Harder, Litsy A to Z, Litsy Reading Challenge, Diversity Bingo 2017 & my Goodreads goal of 160). I’m also doing Winter Bookish Bingo from December until January, and will do various readathons throughout the year, but last year I overextended a bit and didn’t finish a few I started. I’m trying to be pickier, and still have fun.
- Restrict my reading options less. By this, I mean that I tend to batch request a ton of Netgalleys (because it’s fun), but then resent the fact that I don’t get to read what I want when I want. So…I’m going to try and limit myself to 2-4 Netgalley requests per month.
- Read more diversely. I’m pretty sure that I read a lot of white women from the US. I would like to stretch my boundaries beyond this. Any recommendations are welcome!
- Write more discussion posts. I want to work on having blog content outside of reviews and weekly events. It’ll give me something to think about, hopefully provoke some more discussion, and diversifying posts is always good. I think.
- Be more consistent. When life got busy this past year, blogging slipped to the wayside. It does take a lot of time, but I want to work out a consistent schedule for posting, and writing, that I think will help me out a lot.
- Be a better blog reader. Also, when I got busy, reading and keeping up with others’ blogs fell by the wayside. I love reading what other people are reviewing and saying, so I’m going to attempt to fix this in the new year (consistency!).
What are your bloggish or bookish resolutions? Let me know below!!!