The Sunday Post is a weekly event hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a way to wrap up your week, share news/book hauls, and consolidate links to your posts & other posts you’ve liked throughout the week.
Nothing particularly exciting this week. Still busy teacher life!
Weekly Reading Updates
Books Finished This Week
Since my last Sunday post, I’ve finished 2 books, both this weekend. Both fit on my bookish bingo card, and both will have reviews soon (I’m very behind!)
- Fall Bookish Bingo: Got my first bingo today! I’ll be posting an updated card tomorrow!
- No updates on Read Harder 2016 this week. Still working on my food memoir and my play.
- I’m adding some new reading challenges. First up is Semi-Charmed Winter 2016 Book Challenge, which runs from Nov. 1 to Jan. 31. I’m going to try & get a tentative TBR put up this week. You can find more details here. Coming up in December, there’s also Diversity December Bingo and 12 Days of Diversity.
I’ll admit I’m having trouble with The Famished Road. It’s not quite what I expected, and it’s slow going. I just find it hard to give up on books, specifically NetGalley picks. Sigh. King Lear is coming. It’s really fun to read out loud. Hoping to actually finish Yes, Chef this week as well, now that I think I’ve resolved most of my phone issues preventing me from listening to the book this week. I think I may also start The Witches by Stacy Schiff this week.
Weekly Blog Updates
- Top Ten Tuesday: Book Club Picks for People Who Like Unique Books
- Waiting on Wednesday: This Is Our Story by Ashley Elston
- Diversity Spotlight #4
- Review: Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
- Review: Shadow & Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Things I’m Looking Forward to this Week
- Book Releases: Heartless by Marissa Meyer (11/8), Timekeeper by Tara Sim (11/8), The Lost Property Office by James R. Hannibal (11/8)
How was your week? Let me know below & feel free to link up to your Sunday Post!