The Sunday Post is a weekly event hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a way to wrap up your week, share news/book hauls, and consolidate links to your posts & other posts you’ve liked throughout the week. This week will likely be a little bare as I was out of the blogosphere most of the week :(.
This was my first week back from fall break and it was BUSY with teacher-y things. Report cards were due and many other things happened that made it impossible for me to keep up with my blog at all :(. Thankfully things have settled down & I’m ready to hop back in (meaning I will likely pre-schedule most of my posts for this week). Yesterday was the best day EVER (well in a really long time). I FINALLY visited the Southern Festival of Books, which takes place in Nashville, TN (where I’ve lived for 8 YEARS!). I don’t understand how I’ve never gone before, but I’m so glad I finally went!! I’ll post a recap, but I got to meet 4 authors I love and sit in on some awesome panels. I’m just bummed that I didn’t have time to go today (teacher planning, cleaning, blogging, sleeping–all necessary).
Weekly Reading Updates
Books Finished This Week
Since it was such a busy week, I only had time to really read one book, but I’m so glad I finished this one. I’m really excited to review it for the blog this week. Beautiful book.
- Read Harder 2016: Didn’t check off any tasks this week, but realized I only have 3 left to go (food memoir, biography, & read a play)!
- Fall Bookish Bingo: Haven’t covered any new squares this week, but I did start reading a book with a black cover: Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake.
The Unified Theory of Love and Everything is a Netgalley that’s already out, so I’m trying to go ahead and get it finished. Definitely not my usual read. Three Dark Crowns is a book I acquired yesterday at the bookfest (along with Kendare Blake’s signature), and I started reading it while waiting for panels. So good so far!
Weekly Blog Updates
Reviews: None this week!
Blog Posts I Enjoyed This Week
- As I didn’t post much on my blog this week, I also didn’t have much time to go digging around others’ posts. I promise to have something to share next week!
Things I’m Looking Forward to This Week
- October 22: Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon!!! Look for a TBR/book pile/prep post later this week!! This is my second Dewey’s and I’m so excited! Find more information & sign up here.
- Book Releases: Gemina (Illuminae Files #2) by Amie Kauffman & Jay Kristoff & illustrated by Marie Lu, If You Give a Mouse a Brownie by Laura Joffe Numeroff,
What did you love about your week? What are you looking forward to this week? Let me know below!!