The Sunday Post is a weekly event hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a way to wrap up your week, share news/book hauls, and consolidate links to your posts & other posts you’ve liked throughout the week. This is my first go at it. I’m excited to share! I’m hoping to keep up with it at least bi-weekly.
Not much on this front. I was off work all week and got a lot of reading done, as well as enjoyed a delightful visit with my parents. I also finally got up the urge to call Comcast and cancel (most) of my cable. I managed to greatly reduce my bill, and wound up without anything I didn’t want, so that was a win. I hate cable companies! I’m pretty excited to be closer to no cable, though. I really wasn’t using it much anyway as I’ve been reading a lot more this year. Also, went back to trying to get through the quests on Nerd Fitness Academy. I’m currently working through the mindset part of the opening course, working on goal setting and small changes to help make my life healthier!
Weekly Reading Updates
Books Finished This Week
I had an exceptionally productive reading week due to having the week off of work. I’ve reviewed 2 of these already and you can find those links below. I’ll be reviewing The Wrath and the Dawn coming up this week. I likely won’t review Affliction. The Anita Blake novels are very much a guilty pleasure for me.
- Read Harder 2016: Checked off the “reading a book about religion” task with This Above All
- Fall Bookish Bingo: Covered Paranormal (Affliction), Revenge (The Wrath & the Dawn), & Fall Release (The Reader). No BINGO yet.
This is a NetGalley I need to finish soon, so I went ahead and started it. I’m liking it so far, but it is not going to be a super quick read, so I’m leaving space for reading something faster alongside it. Not sure what yet.
Weekly Blog Updates
- Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Literary Villains
- Waiting on Wednesday: King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard
- Book Traveling Thursday: World Smile Day Edition
- Fall Bookish Bingo Update #1
- Off Book: Killjoys Seasons 1 & 2
- The Book of the Unnamed Midwife by Meg Elison (4 stars)
- This Above All by Lindsay Roth Culli (4 stars)
- The Reader by Traci Chee (5 stars)
- A Drop of Night by Stefan Bachmann (2.5 stars)
Blog Posts I Enjoyed This Week
- Maya @ Her Bookish Desires posts about Fall and it’s wonderfulness!
- Brendon @ Reading and Gaming for Justice writes about 13 board games for Halloween
- Jen @ Pop! Goes the Reader has a special month-long series called Raise Your Voice, celebrating diversity & inclusivity in literature with a focus on #OwnVoices stories
Things I’m Looking Forward to This Week
- October 14-16: Southern Festival of Books! I’ll only be able to make Saturday & Sunday, but I’m super excited to see authors like Yaa Gyasi & V. E. Schwab. I’ve been busy making my schedule, I just need them to post signing times (and times for V. E. Schwab’s panel!). You can find more information here.
- TV Premieres: Supernatural (10/13)
- Book Releases: Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult (10/11)
- Getting back into the Soul Pancake: Chew on Life’s Big Questions book for my small group discussion of it on Thursday!
What did you love about your week? What are you looking forward to this week? Let me know below!!